Taking the best possible care you can with your oral health is just as important as taking care of your overall health. Your bi-annual/quarterly hygiene visits are as important as your yearly visits to your medical doctor.
As a patient of Dr. Joseph Hidalgo's, you can be assured that you are in good hands. Dr. Joseph Hidalgo goes beyond the typical hygiene visit and takes extra precautions to ensure that your mouth is as healthy as it can be. Here are just a few of the preventive services that you are given during your regular visit to Dr. Joseph Hidalgo's office:
- Prophy (cleanings). Have your teeth cleaned by a trained RDH. Our hygienists are among the best in the field. They use the latest instruments to ensure you receive a thorough and comfortable cleaning.
- Your full dental exam includes:
- Oral cancer exams to ensure you do not have cancer of the mouth or any early indicators of oral cancer.
- Tooth exams to check the strength and health of your teeth.
- Periodontal exams to check the health of your gums. Periodontal disease is very common among adults and has been linked to other health conditions such as heart disease.
- Digital images of your mouth using both intraoral camera and digital x-rays. You can see first hand photos of your teeth on all surfaces.