Have you noticed bleeding when you floss or brush your teeth? If so, you could have periodontitits. Periodontitis is a common problem among adults. You can correct this condition through non-surgical periodontal treatment in Dr. Joseph Hidalgo's office at Tennyson Lake Dental. The dental hygienist uses a special instrument to remove debris from your teeth below the gum line. In addition, Dr. Joseph Hidalgo may opt to treat your gums with an antibiotic placed into the gums of the infected teeth.
Common signs of gum disease
In order to properly diagnose gum disease, Dr. Joseph Hidalgo will need to check your teeth for any sure signs of infection. Active periodontal disease not only affects your oral health, but it can affect your entire body. Studies have shown a direct link between gum disease and other serious health conditions including heart disease, high blood pressure, blood sugar irregularities, and low-infant birth weight. Stay healthy! If you've been diagnosed with periodontal disease, be sure and talk to Dr. Joseph Hidalgo!
- Bleeding gums are a predominant sign to look out for if your gums bleed while brushing and flossing your teeth
- Receding gum-lines begin to form and your teeth start to appear longer and gum separation from the teeth become noticeable
- Noticeable plaque and tartar build-up can cause red, swollen, tender gums that hurt to the touch
- Persistent bad breath, or an ongoing bad taste in your mouth
- Teeth become extremely sensitive to hot and/or cold temperatures
- Teeth start to become loose, weak and fragile