Tennyson Lake Dental is proud to announce we are now an Invisalign® Preferred Provider in Plano, TX.
What is Invisalign®
Invisalign is the clear alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth. This cutting-edge treatment will cause little to no interference to your everyday activities no matter what stage of life you are in.
How does Invisalign treatment work?
The Invisalign approach to straightening teeth uses a custom-made series of aligners created specifically for the individual who will be wearing them. The aligners are composed of a smooth, comfortable and almost invisible plastic that is worn over the teeth. The aligners are worn at all times, except when eating or drinking anything other than water. As you wear the aligners your teeth will gradually and gently shift into the place that Dr. Joseph Hidalgo has planned. The Invisalign system does not employ the use of metal wire or brackets. Instead, you will slip on a new aligner approximately every two weeks or as prescribed by Dr. Hidalgo, until your treatment is complete and your teeth are in the desired place. During the duration of your treatment most people will never notice the aligners or even know that you are straightening your teeth.
Invisalign can treat all cases to give you a beautiful smile. These cases include:
Invisalign's Easy to Follow Guidelines
- Gapped Teeth is when there is abnormal growth of the jaw bone or you have missing teeth you will have extra space or gaps
- Overbite occurs when the upper teeth bite over the bottom teeth
- Underbite is when the bottom teeth protrude past the upper teeth
- Open Bite is the result of teeth not being able to make actual physical contact with one another
- Overly Crowded is when there is not enough room with your jaw for all of your teeth overcrowding occurs
- Crossbite is when both the upper and lower jaws are misaligned
Teens & Adults
- It is important to stick to your normal routine for brushing and flossing your teeth because the aligners are removable they will not interrupt these habits. While brushing your teeth you will also want to clean your aligners; this can be done with lukewarm water and a quick brushing with your toothbrush or you can try the Invisalign Cleaning Kit.
- Be sure to remove the aligners each time you eat. During your Invisalign treatment there are not any restrictions to what you can eat.
- If you are active in contact sports that require a mouth guard you can simply remove the aligners and replace them with the mouth guard. Thanks to Invisalign's smooth technology, if the sport you play doesn't require a mouth guard, wearing the aligners will not cause any discomfort as metal wires and brackets would.
- At the end of the day, giving your aligners a quick brushing while you brush your teeth will be the only addition to your bedtime routine that you'll see.
Invisalign is available to adults and teenagers to provide the confidence of a beautiful smile with almost invisible aligners. Both Invisalign and Invisalign Teen function the exact same way to straighten teeth with custom made clear aligners that do not cause any interruptions to your everyday life.
Insurance policies differ from patient to patient; you should review your plan to find out if you have orthodontic coverage. In general if you have orthodontic coverage then Invisalign® should be covered to the same extent traditional braces are covered. To know if you are covered you will want to contact your insurance provider directly.